Friday, December 19, 2008

Jewel - Pieces Of You Pop Music CD Review

Pieces Of You is the latest release from Jewel, and is another winner by this talented group.

I wish it weren’t the case but, it’s not everyday that I get a CD for review that I can just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. There is usually a song or two that I just can’t force myself to get through. Not at all the case with Pieces Of You. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish.

Pieces Of You has a nicely varied, mix of 14 tracks that are very well written and brilliantly performed songs by these clearly talented musicians. With many of the songs displaying a lot of the kind emotion that makes for a really great listen. Seemingly drawing from what I can only imagine are their own real life experiences. At different points touching on the most real emotions of love, and the pain of failed relationships can certainly be heard.

If you're even mildly into Pop music you'll enjoy this CD. Overall Pieces Of You is an a great release. I give it my double thumbs up. You will not be disappointed with one single track.

While this entire CD is outstanding the truly standout tunes are track 2 - Pieces Of You, track 2 - You Were Meant For Me, and track 14 - Amen.

My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 1 - Who Will Save Your Soul. This is a great track!

Pieces Of You Release Notes:

Jewel originally released Pieces Of You on February 28, 1995 on the Atlantic label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. Who Will Save Your Soul 2. Pieces Of You 3. Little Sister 4. Foolish Games 5. Near You Always 6. Painters 7. Morning Song 8. Adrian 9. I'm Sensitive 10. You Were Meant For Me 11. Don't 12. Daddy 13. Angel Standing By 14. Amen

Personnel: Jewel Kilcher (guitar, vocals); Kris Wilkinson (strings); Robbie Buchanan, Charlotte Caffey (piano); Spooner Oldham (keyboards); Tim Drummond, Mark Howard (bass); Oscar Butterworth (drums). Recorded at the Broken Arrow Ranch, Woodside, California and live at Innerchange Coffeehouse, San Diego, California. All songs written or co-written by Jewel Kilcher.


No comments: